Handmade With Love. Cozy up. Spread The Word.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Awakening


It is official - I think Spring is making it's way here in Vancouver!  The daylight lengthening, the weather milder.  

You step outside, your mind still & you take in that cool breath of air.  You feel that path of air travel into your body, to your heart.  & suddenly everything feels at ease.

Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC


Well, sometimes I get this feeling out of knitting.  Sometimes, I want to poke my eyeballs out with my precious Addi needles. 

"BAHHHH.. ripping out at least 36 rows & I'm not sure how many I've ripped out & oh my.. can even get all the stitches back on the needle the right way!? !*(@$&$@*

Extra Long Men's Double Knitted Cashmere Fisherman Ribbed Scarf 

Sound familiar?  You know what I'm talking about.  Went back to Bikram Yoga for the first time in a long time today with the intention of making it regular practise ;).  It reminded me how much stillness is needed in our lives.

Same goes for everything else, even knitting.  The times I'm trying to plow through orders with brain jacked up on "Must finish.  Need to Finish.  Must Knit Faster." chants, are the timesMy brain suffocates, you must allow breath to reach your mind.  

Believe that the work (knitting) will just happen on auto-pilot then.  It will feel easy and your projects will be completed before you know it.   = ) 


Completed in 38 hours!!

For me, Fibre Art is another channel of meditation for me & I hope you can find the same type of benefits through discovering your own art! 

Low & behold, then there are also the times that I'm just continuously watching "Beverly Hills  90210" ('90s seasons) on Netflix while working on my orders...  


Beverly Hills 90210 (Original Cast)

Do what works for you & remember to breathe.  Trust that you will get it done.  xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment