Handmade With Love. Cozy up. Spread The Word.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BabyKnits Frenzy


I have a confession.  

I think I actually may be addicted to yarn.

Yesterday, I went back to the store and came out with 8 skeins for new projects!  This time I bought some Debbie Bliss Fez in a Seafoam colour (7) & one of the Debbie Bliss Rialto DK's again.

If you haven't been following my projects that are completed and in progress on my HbyS FB Page, here's the first of my new BabyKnits line!



Basic Colour Block Bib

These bibs are bright & colourful.  It features 3 adjustable sizes around the neck & is totally machine-wash friendly!  Now that I've bought another colour in the same yarn, expect something more fancy in pattern/colours to be posted up soon!  =)



Debbie Bliss Rialto DK - superwash

I am working a personal project right now, knitting up a baby blanket.  I've never dared to make anything large.. like a sweater.  But I suppose if I got through the double knitted 38-hour scarf from X'mas time, I can commit to a blanket!

The Debbie Bliss Fez is pretty awesome too.  It's composed of Extrafine Merino & CAMEL!  Imagine that.  It's super soft.  The next fibre I'm dying to try is Possum from New Zealand - apparently it's extremely warm.


Debbie Bliss Fez - Project Baby Blanket

Right now, I'm half way through my first skein!  It's pretty crazy how many stitches I had to cast on.. seeing as I am used to 60 stitches maximum, usually.  SO... 6.5 more skeins to go!  I'll definitely keep posting progress photos of this - it's so exciting to watch it get bigger & bigger.

I'm just following a basic pattern that I found on Ravelry.  If you haven't been to the website yet.. you must!  The possibilities are endless - you can look up specific yarns and patterns for knitting and crocheting to make anything you want, basically! 

What are you making??  xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment