Handmade With Love. Cozy up. Spread The Word.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

First DIY Custom Pattern


I think the single best thing about creating knits, big or small, is that you can just let all your creative juices flow.  It's like drawing, painting or sculpting.

My DIY line blossomed when a woman came to me asking if I can help her with a scarf she wanted to make for her boyfriend for Valentine's Day!  So sweet, if you ask me.  = )


Boo from Super Mario Bros.

She wanted to feature the character, Boo, from Super Mario in a blue or black colour scheme.  I was shocked by the level of trust she had in me for all the materials and patterning -  this is one of the most exciting projects I've done to date.




After a few tweaks here & there, she was finished with the body of the scarf in just a few days!  I custom knitted up a tongue for her and attached it.  I've just been asked to upgrade the character to King Boo - so, here is also a picture of a little crown accessory! 


Crown Accessory

Take a look, her stitch work is gorgeous!!


Rachel's DIY Boyfriend Scarf
 

If you would like to order your own custom pattern to work on, send me an email


I would love to hear from you! xx.


Featured materials:  Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand-Dyes (denim, ecru, midnight blue)

No comments:

Post a Comment