Handmade With Love. Cozy up. Spread The Word.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Fibre Favourites


With so many different fibres that are offered on the market.. I've only been able to try a handful of them (so far) in the 3 months that Handmade By Sylvie has been up & running.

From lower-end yarns from Michael's to expensive yarn that made my eyes widen in shock.  The most expensive yarn I've seen to date cost $100/skein!  I KNOW, right?!

Anyway... the material I've loved working with on a few orders is from Blue Sky Alpacas.



They have all these wonderful kinds of yarn like the Worsted Cottons and Bulky lines.  I go yarn petting often, it's such a guilty pleasure - but it helps you learn about all the texture and fibres that are out there!

In my last post, I mentioned the smooth & silky Worsted Hand-Dyes.  Composition: 50% royal alpaca, 50% merino.


Rib-Checked Scarf  [midnight blue]

Herringbone Scarf w/ Borders  [ecru]

DIY Custom: Boo Boyfriend Scarf  [denim, ecru, midnight blue]


This material knits up quicker than you think!  If you're the type of person who loves to make your own knits, but hates how long it can take to complete a project.. you should definitely try the Worsted Hand-Dyes.  They've got a lot of colours & any stitch work looks gorgeous. 


Blue Sky Alpacas - Worsted Hand-Dyes

Check them out here.

Let me know what you're going to make!  What's your favourite yarn?  xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment