Handmade With Love. Cozy up. Spread The Word.

Monday, August 26, 2013

& We Need Music Too...

Hi friends!

I've been in crazy knitting mode as of late - soooo muchh knitting.  The auntie/baby fever is riding at an all-time high, I must admit!

I finally went to the store yesterday & picked up a bunch of new yarns!  More Cascade Magnum for an infinity scarf order, some organic cotton, as well as some more of the Debbie Bliss Rialto.  Today has been quite the productive "cotton-filled" day:  housewarming presents (1 customized dishcloth, 4 matching coasters), organic coffee sleeve...


Blue Sky Alpacas - Multi Cotton in Gherkin

I'll be posting up photos later this week to share with you.  =D

-----------------------------------------------

In the meantime...

I was over at  Kyla's last week.. & we jammed!  It was honestly my first time singing with someone else.  (I started taking lessons in January - following 8 months of it during acting school!)  

We got to play on her toy piano - she strummed her guitar, I played a couple melodies.. then we recorded us singing together.  Yup, we covered "Wonderwall by Oasis" - a classic!




Kyla & I with all our instruments!

A little background info - we were paired up as scene partners while we were in the Canada's National Voice Intensive earlier this year!  We were cast as Hero (me) & Ursula (her) in Shakespeare's play, "Much Ado About Nothing".  Our friendship has blossomed & we totally re-did our dinner and wine night like what you would find in the film, "Julie & Julia".  It was super cute!

Hopefully one day we will sing together again (she's moving away =(.. so, I guess I will have to go visit!).  I think our voices compliment each other's quite well - so happy she helped me break out of my singing shell!  Loveeeee, oh love.

Thanks for reading!  xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment