Handmade With Love. Cozy up. Spread The Word.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

BabyKnits Fever - Newborn Hatting

Hello friends!!

I apologize for the long delay since my last blog post.  Life has been full & I am only starting to get back into the knitting side of things!!  So excited for current and upcoming projects.

For those of you who don't know - I'm going to become an Aunt next month!  

Baby Peanut is going to be a surprise at arrival, so I've been knitting with pretty gender neutral tones.  =)

A few days ago, I started a Basic Newborn Hattie! 



For this project, I used 3.5mm dpns and the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn in Tan.  It only used about 1/3 or less of the entire skein.  I think I'll try to make some booties with the remainder.

I took a couple progress shots I took while making the hattie - I casted on 64 & just knitted right on through.  It was basically a trial & error process... without so much of the error part.  =D  



I LOVE knitting with DPNs (double-pointed needles) since all you need to do is knit the entire way though!!  I definitely recommend it, especially if you have never tried it.  




As I reached around 30 or so rows, I began to start decreasing..




Once I looped up the end & pulled it tight, I left a fairly long tail on.  I took a small crochet hook and chained up about 6 or 7, single crocheting though it 3 rows.  

Knotting up the crocheted chain will create that little knit that sits right up top!  

Off to figure out them booties now....  Happy Tuesday!! xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment