Handmade With Love. Cozy up. Spread The Word.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Clawing to the Finish Line


Well, it sure has been a while since I've made a scarf since Spring is here!

To my delight, I received an order earlier this week for a cozy chunky winter scarf in purple. I was so excited since that means I get to work with super bulky yarns again!

Off I went to the yarn store again... & only after tons and tons of browsing through merinos, alpacas, virgin wools...


So many purple yarns!!


We finally settled on our familiar friend, the Cascade Magnum in Amethyst Heather.  All of the "Heather" shades have different wonderful blends of colours, in this case blue & purple.



Super Bulky - 100% Peruvian Highland Wool

I started custom designing the scarf with a cabling effect.  I love cables so much, sometimes it's just hard to choose which one to do.. = )


Claw Cable -- Plaited Cable -- Basic Cable

My client chose the Claw Cable!  It's the first time I've worked this cable but I think it's turning out pretty well.  You have to use an even number of stitches for each side of the cable, otherwise.. it'd just be too confusing & it also wouldn't look symmetrical.


Claw Cable beginnings..

It actually looks pretty cool.  Really love the way it cinches in & it creates this in/out effect as you work the scarf longer & longer.  It's basically this giant claw cable of a scarf!!  A little while later, I ended up with this.



Cozy Natural Fibre Claw-Cabled Scarf in Amethyst Heather


The Cascade Magnum knits up very quickly and is easy to work with.  The strands hardly ever unravel to take up more time for careful knitting.  I can't wait to see the completed scarf!

What do you think?  Well, I'm going to just keep clawing away now..

Good evening! xx.


1 comment: